Possible integration with IIS?

Tekzel

22-08-2006 19:16:58

Hi, just discovered Vibe Streamer a few days ago and it works super well. One thing though, I have it set up on a Win2003 test server I have at home that runs IIS so I had to set it to port 81. I was wondering is it possible to set up IIS so it can serve up access to Vibe as a virtual web or something? Like www.something.com/music or is it possible to set up Vibe as a plugin into IIS? If not, is this a possible future feature?

Thanks for the great software!

siit

22-08-2006 22:11:20

humm, nah this isn't possible. not sure if it will be possible either. Vibe Streamer has its own web server and script language. this because I wanted to stay clear of the need of any additional software/webserver.. just keeping it as simple as possible..

bigflavor

24-08-2006 02:19:12

hae vibestream run on another port on your IIS server... then access that port. You could even frame the frames (is this possible and sound?) in a single frame, and set that up as index.html somewhere.

You can make your own flash player to deal with the mp3 files, as they can be addressed directly.

I'm kinda just talking out of theory... will this all work?

zt

17-10-2006 18:36:54

Hi, i should say that i love vibe streamer too and am stuck with the same situation running it on win2003 alongside IIS.
this leaves most of my friends unable to use it as they don't have the port open on their firewalls (

i was hoping too for integration with IIS but, now i found the answer. however i'm thinking

what's the option to run a proxy server inside IIS that relays the vibestreamer traffic through IIS and sends it on port 80 to the listener?

this way i'll also be able to enforse them to use their windows domain passwords as now i have to duplicate them(which ofcourse i'm not doing ) )

maybe there is some software like this? i'll do a research and post replys if i find anything too.

thank you,
zt

iB

18-10-2006 06:35:30

I tried the FRAMES idea a while back... I couldn't get it to work, but I didn't really know what I was doing. The frame pointing to the server would always error out.

zt

18-10-2006 11:15:14

Hi,
yes, i can't imagine the frames idea to work as inside the important frame the browser still will want to load data from the strange-port,

let's see if i find anything for proxying )

zt