web forwarding

n1ck

01-08-2006 00:21:07

To stop giving out my IP address to people i set up my domain name server to forward to my IP and Port that vibe is using, so all people have to do is type in a url rather than the IP.
However using the URL it connects but no folders are shown. i tested the same account names with url and IP, folders shown in IP not in url connections.

Odd eh?

siit

01-08-2006 08:50:12

Is this within your local network you're testing by using the URL?
there seems to be a small issue sometimes when connecting within a local network. Try it from the outside with the URL and see if it works..

cup0spam

07-08-2006 03:17:02

I'm having the same exact problem. Within or outside my local network, using the no-ip.com forwarding shows vibe player fine, but my main music folder is missing. HELP!

n1ck

08-08-2006 10:20:47

Found a solution for this. also it helps if connecting from work

a) change vibe port to 80
b) change webforwarding to IP (no port number as it will auto look for 80)
c) just type in no-ip address (again with no ports)

This seems to make work proxy servers happy too.

Unfortunately the only issue i have now is i can see the shared folder..

(works direct to IP, not web address - any help on this would be great!)

g8trtim

09-08-2006 16:09:06

I have gotten around these issues simply by using IE rather than FF.
I have disconnect issues using FF, plays fine for a few songs and then disconnects... have to refresh the login to keep playing... IE works without hitch and I dont get the ugly highlighting issue with it either.

On my mac, camino seems to work well...

QBOX2006

21-08-2006 23:33:56

Hi, new to the forum. I love Vibe Streamer and think it's one of the best pieces of software I've used in ages. Simple in design and works flawlessly. Keep up the good work, siit!

Ok. My question is regarding web links and forwarding. On my website, I have a link to my vibe stream address (http//xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx80/). however users who use the link on my site can login but can't see my music folders. It's as if there's an error while loading the vibe stream interface. I, the stream host, do see them logging in successfully.

When I give my users a direct link, everything works fine. What should I do? Is there a workaround for this? I would really prefer to have a link on my website rather than give them the URL to copy-paste into the browsers. That's a bit more tedious.

siit

22-08-2006 00:18:39

Heyas!

Can you ask them to try a refresh once they've logged onto the site but can't see you shared directories. There is a cache-issue with the current version of the standard skin that may require some people to refresh it once or twice before you see the shared directories.

QBOX2006

22-08-2006 01:30:30

Awesome, siit. Thanks. I'll get them to try that. Unfortunately for me, some of my users are the worst beta-testers. P Anyway, thanks for the help. Looking forward to the next release. 8)

n1ck

22-08-2006 13:00:19

steer clear of using usernamepassword@domain.com - it doesnt seem to like being logged in like that

siit

22-08-2006 13:38:22

Logging on by usernamepassword@domain.com works fine, but only using Firefox (and I think Opera aswell).. it doesn't work anymore in Internet Explorer. Microsoft found out there were ways to abuse this and decided to remove this completely from Internet Explorer.. so it's nothing I can do anything about..

n1ck

22-08-2006 21:55:52

Im talking about firefox, whenever i use pu log in, i dont get the folders!

siit

22-08-2006 22:12:09

that sounds very odd... and it doesn't help either if you refresh a few times after you've logged onto the server?

Phil

24-08-2006 21:11:13

Im talking about firefox, whenever i use pu log in, i dont get the folders![/quote2us25011]

Works fine here. I am also using dyndns.org with port forwarding, etc. and it works almost every time. Some times a refresh may be required.